What have you done that enhanced student engagement this year in Grade 5/6?
- Provocations with loose parts and sharing circles and oral story telling
- Outdoor learning, mindfulness in outdoor spaces, Forest Friday, garden space, bringing the outdoor back into the classroom
- Inquiry connected to the community (student centred based upon student curiosity, CBL, student interest)
- Self Reflection and using the e-portfolios to go deeper and be metacognitive with students’ own learning
- SEL: flexible seating, wobble seats, cushions, fiddle tools, which creates a comfortable environment where they are able to feel safe and have their minds on
What are our next steps?
- Spend more time outdoors, connect learning in the class to the outdoors, connect the outdoors to learning in the class
- Continue go deeper with inquiry (student choice, redesigned curriculum) and connect it to the larger community (ie: “Why are we doing this?”)
Updated: Tuesday, November 30, 2021